Monday, September 4, 2017

8 Gallon: Fall of the empire

I have just filled my 8 gallon freshwater nano tank I'm calling Fall of the Empire. This is my first tank using 3d printed parts and I'm going to use this blog to report on how they perform and eventually publish any retentive files once I am happy with their performance.

In the shot above you can see 3 of the printed parts I made. The overflow box that contains the intake for the zoomed canister filter and the heater is raw printed PLA. Same with the spraybar/return on the right. The Star Destroyer is printed in the same pla but then weathered using acrylic paint and sealed with Krylon crystal clear paint.

I'll go into each component in the future along with any changes I make due to problems I encounter running this tank.

No comments:

Post a Comment